- Showing 1 to 5
Mark Platt - Classical Guitarist
Classical guitarist based in Essex - available for weddings, functions and concerts. Also available as a flute and guitar duo.
His selection of Spanish and Classical guitar playing has earned him a reputation for polished musical performances throughout the UK.
He was first inspired to play the classical guitar when, at the age of 7 he heard the great Andres Segovia perform at the Theatre Royal in Norwich . After the performance the great man patted him on the head and it is thought that a little of the magic may have rubbed of (if only!) After that inspirational encounter, he went on to study with Bob Parslow in Norwich before moving on to the Colchester Institute under David Miller, where he gained a BA Hons in Music. From there he went on to study with Gerald Lee at the Guildhall School of Music to earn a Certificate of Advanced Solo Studies and LGSM.
As a classical guitarist he has earned a reputation for polished musical performances characterised by a beguiling tone and sensitive interpretations.. His recordings, which include the premiere recording of Sir Malcolm Arnold's Fantasy, have been broadcast on Classic FM and BBC Radio 3. His recent performances of concertos by Giuliani and Vivaldi were met with wide acclaim , as was his solo recital in Woodbridge which drew rave reviews in the press.
Weddings and functions
His selection of light classical music from Spain and South America has been well received in recitals and functions ranging from weddings and anniversaries to garden parties.
He has many years of experience playing for weddings and corporate events performing at several prestigious venues including the Ritz, Leez Priory and Le Talbooth, and ranging from cruise ships to more intimate garden parties.
This guitarist can also be booked as a Classical Guitar and Flute Duo
View similar acts:
Mark Platt - Classical Guitarist Repertoire
- Four Minuets Opus 11 - Fernando Sor
- Rondo in C Major - Fernando Sor
- Variations on a Theme of Mozart - Fernando Sor
- A selection of studies - Fernando Sor
- Guitar Concerto in A Major - Mauro Giuliani
- Five Preludes - Heitor Villa Lobos
- Suite Populaire Brasilienne - Heitor Villa Lobos
- 12 Etudes - Heitor Villa Lobos
- Chorus No.1 - Heitor Villa Lobos
- Andriana - Antonio Lauro
- Natalia - Antonio Lauro
- El Negrito - Antonio Lauro
- Malaguena - Robin Pearson
- Farruca - Robin Pearson
- Solearas - Robin Pearson
- Rumba - Robin Pearson
- Granadinas - Robin Pearson
- Danza Mora - Robin Pearson
- Rodrigo Guitar Concerto - Joaquin Rodrigo
- Caprico Arabe - Francisco Tarrega
- Gran Vals - Francisco Tarrega
- Lagrima - Francisco Tarrega
- Adelita - Francisco Tarrega
- Recuerdos De La Alhambra - Francisco Tarrega
- Romanza -Trad.
- Cancion Y Danza - Ruiz Pippo (from the old BBC Holiday programme)
- Spanish Dance No.5 - Enriquez Granados
- Excerpts from Suite Espanol - Isaac Albeniz
- Asturias - Isaac Albeniz
- Cadiz - Isaac Albeniz
- Sevilla - Isaac Albeniz
- Granada - Isaac Albeniz
- Bolero - Bartolome Calatayud
A beautiful selection of Bach's more lively and energetic dances
- Bourree and Allemande from Lute Suite No1 in E minor - JS Bach
- Gavotte en Rondeau from Lute Suite No 3 in A minor - JS Bach
- Preludium and Gavotte from Lute Suite No 4 in E Major - JS Bach
- Cello Suite No 1 arranged for Guitar - JS Bach
- Guitar Concerto in D Major - Vivaldi
- Canarios - Gasper Sanz
Mark Platt - Classical Guitarist Feedback
This Act's Average Star Rating
Click on the 'Get quotes from multiple acts' button if you would like to receive quotes from more than 1 act without having to fill out multiple enquiry forms
Book all of your entertainment from Find a Performer. We have been in business since 1999 and have a huge selection of carefully chosen acts for every occasion in all locations.