The Sangeet Singer - Ladies Sangeet Duo
Traditional performances of folk songs for Indian, Punjabi and Pakistani accompanied by harmonium dholki, dholak and tabla.
Ladies Sangeet is a vital part of traditional pre-wedding celebrations in Indian and Pakistani culture. Traditional songs are sung to stir the emotions (joy, sadness and laughter) of the participating families and friends. Nowadays it is common for the grooms family as well as the brides family to enjoy these evenings. Indeed it is also now common for men and boys to be invited on such occasions, although the singing is still generally left to the ladies and girls.
Your guests just need to sing, clap and dance along whenever the mood takes you. If any friends or family members also wish to take the microphone and sing there favorite songs it will make the evening even more memorable. The musicians can provide the microphones and sound system as well as Tabla and Dholki players.
"beautiful vibes.......that is the beginning of a very beautiful career in music" Bobby Friction (BBC Radio 1, BBC Asian Network)
"very excellent vocals" Tjinder (Singer from the world famous pop band Cornershop)
This world class singer will perform traditional Punjabi folk songs as well as some Ghazals, Qawali and Hindi songs if requested. She has performed in India and the UK and has featured on a number of recordings. She is currently working on an EP with the band Corner Shop and is featured on their latest album release 'Beacon Radio 303'. She is skilled in folk and classical singing styles and is blessed with a stunning voice and a beautiful stage presence.
Please note that although some clients may want ladies only, it is much easier for this act to provide male percussionists playing to a professional standard.
View similar acts:
The Sangeet Singer - Ladies Sangeet Duo Repertoire
- Meri Rangli Madhaani Bahva Goria
- Matthe Te Chamkan Wal Mere Banre De
- Ni Aj Koi Jogi Aave
- Aaya Larriye Ni Tera Sihriya Vala Viahvan Aaya
- Apne Chubare Te Main Khedan Geetiya
- Kut Kut Bajra Main Kothey Uttey Pauni Aan
- Chitta Kukkar Banere Te,Kashni Dupatte Valie
- Mele Chaliyan Te Lai Ke Aavi Choodian
- Kehnde Ne Naina Tere Kol Rehna
- Sanu Nehar Vale Pul Te Bula Ke
- Chaandi Raaten
- Sada Chiryaan Da Chamba Ve
- Sooye Ve Cheere Waliya Main Kehni Aan
- Madhanian Hai O Mere Dhadhia Rabba
- Mehndi Ni Mehndi
- Aj Di Dihari Rakh
- Batti Baal Ke Banere Utte Rakhni Aan
- Gori Diyan Jhanjhran Bulaundia Gaiya
- Eidhar Kankan Odhar Kankan Vich Kankan De Boor Pia
- Bajre Da Sitta Ve Asan Tali Te Maroria
- Jind Mahi Bajh Tere Kumlai Aan
- Kala Doria
- Kurti Meri Cheent Di
- Kala Shah Kala
- Ni Main Kattan Pareetan Naal Charkha Chanan Da
- Latthe Di Chadar
- Piche Piche Aunda
- Jutti Kasoori Pairi Na Poori
- Ambarsare Diyan Barian Va Main Khaandi Na
- Dhola Dhola Ve Dhola
- Bapu Ve Ad Huni Aan
- Ni Munda Aa Gia Navan Patvari
- Boohe Bariyan Te Nale Kandan Tap Ke
- Tu Mera Banka Laal
- Ihna Akhiyan Ch Pavan Kive Kajla Ve
- Ni Ek Meri Akhh Kashni
- Mere Haatho Main Nau Nau
- Bahut Piyar Karte Hain
- Dulhan Si Saji Dharti
- Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna
- Jo Meri Rooh Ko
- Tumhari Meh¬l Main Aa Gai Hain
- Savan Ka Mahina
- Chaudhvi Ka Chaand Ho
- Do Dil Mil Rahe Hain
- Kinna Sohna Tainu Rabb Ne Banaiya
- Nit Khair Mangan Sohnia Main Teri
- Ye Daulat Bhi Le Lo
- Hoton Se Chu Lo Tum
- Pooriya Dhanashri
The Sangeet Singer - Ladies Sangeet Duo Feedback
This Act's Average Star Rating
The Sangeet Singer - Ladies Sangeet Duo Set Up
This duo provide microphones and a PA system.
They require 30 minutes to set up but will arrive at least 1 hour before the start time.
The singer will play the harmonium and the other musician is a tabla player (usually her husband) but they also bring dholki for the ladies to use.
Would you like to continue browsing through our acts or get a quote?
We can supply all your entertainment needs - classical musicians, jazz bands, rock bands and world music acts