- Showing 1 to 5
Gary Robins - Classical Guitarist
This Classical Guitarist based in Wales available for functions and weddings. He was the first solo guitarist with "Live Music Now", the young musicians" scheme founded by Yehudi Menhuin. Through this organisation he toured extensively in Britain and in France, giving concerts and lecture recitals.
Since then he has performed in many venues, from the National Theatre in London, to arts centres, churches, country houses and community centres throughout the country. He has made appearances at various national festivals, including the Greenwich, Little Missenden, Madley, Presteigne, Leominster, and the Three Choirs Festival. He has also performed twice at the Hereford Autumn Music Festival.
He has lived on the Welsh border for the last twenty four years, and was a founder of the Mid Border Arts Association, of which he was the first chairman, with the responsibility for running the first Presteigne Festival in 1983.
He continues to give both solo recitals and to perform in ensembles, including performances of the Rodrigo Concerto de Aranjuez with the Hereford Music Service Orchestra, the Vivaldi Concerto in D, and Boccherini Fandango quintet with the Enigma String Quartet, and Man of La Mancha at the old Nell Gwynne Theatre in Hereford.
He has taught the guitar in Herefordshire for twenty four years.
With his wife, Lynden, he has given numerous performances as the Arden Duo, and more recently has performed with the Renaissance ensemble "Arcady", including a presentation of Dowland's First book of Songs and Ayres at the Three Choirs Festival
Gary Robins - Classical Guitarist Repertoire
- Mudarra: Fantasia etc.
- Sanz: Various, including Canarios, Folias, Pavanas, Espanoleta, etc.
- Sor: Variations on a theme of Mozart
- Tarrega: Capriccio Arabe; Recuerdos de la Alhambra; various mazurkas
- Albeniz: Asturias; Granada
- De Falla: Miller's Dance; Homenaje- Tombeau de Debussy.
- Rodrigo: En los Trigales
- Pipo: Cancion y Danza no.1
- Pena: Herencia Latina (Rumba); En las Cuevas (Farruca)
- Villa Lobos: Movements from Suite Populaire Brasilien.
- Six of the Twelve Etudes.
- Five Preludes.
- Merlin: Suite del Recuerdo
- Bustamente - arr. Morel: Misionera
- Morel: Danza Brasiliera; West Side Story Suite
- Barrios: Julia Florida (Barcarola); Vals opus 8, numbers 3 and 4;
- Una Limosna por el Amor de Dios
- Dyens: Tango en Skai
Dowland: Selection of pieces on guitar, or on Renaissance Lute (Various composers covered).
- Walton: Bagatelles
- Smith Brindle: El Polifemo de Oro
- Britten: Nocturnal
- Domeniconi: Koyunbaba
- Bach: Various music from Lute Suites
- Vivaldi: Concerto in D
- Scarlatti: Three sonatas
- De Visee: Suite in D minor
Also arrangements of Beatles and other popular music, Cavatina, Romanza etc
Gary Robins - Classical Guitarist Feedback
This Act's Average Star Rating
Would you like to continue browsing through our acts or get a quote?
We can supply all your entertainment needs - classical musicians, jazz bands, rock bands and world music acts