- Showing 1 to 5
The Ayr Guitar Duo - Classical Guitar Duo
This classical guitar duo is based in Ayrshire have been performing together since 2006 for weddings, dinners and functions across the region including the annual Ayr Guildry dinner and the volunteers evening of the Ayr Flower Show.
Their particular mix of popular, classical, latin, and Scottish music makes their music ideally suited to events that include a wide range of age and musical taste. The use classical electro acoustic guitars played through their own PA, ensuring that both guitars will be heard clearly amidst the animated conversation of diners.
Sarah moved to Perth, Australia at the age of seven and started acoustic guitar lessons at age 7, making rapid progress on the instrument. Later she took up classical guitar in secondary school, studying with John Casey who gave her a love of the genre. After leaving school she studied part-time for a few years at the University of Western Australia while also teaching guitar privately and working a night shift in the medical records department of Royal Perth Hospital. It was during this time that she grasped the opportunity to learn a little piano, and a lot of flute!
In 1982 she returned to the UK with a view to having a six month working holiday. That decision changed everything however, after taking part in a number of summer schools with teacher John Arran in both Scotland and Cheshire, she went on to study at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama under Phillip Thorne. After completing a Bachelor of Arts in Music Performance she went on to do a postgraduate year in classical guitar and electronic music, and won the RSAMD Guitar Challenge Prize 1989.
Daniel was born on the Isle of Tiree on the West Coast of Scotland where music was not an important part of his early life - it was only when he moved to the mainland that he took up guitar, learning folk songs etc. In his early teens he heard someone playing classical guitar and decided that this was the music he wanted to study.
After years of self study and learning to read music by himself he took a guitar course from Trinity College, London which he passed with full marks. Over the years he has performed at a number of venues in Scotland as a solo classical guitarist and is widely regarded as a fine performer by fellow musicians.
View similar acts:
The Ayr Guitar Duo - Classical Guitar Duo Repertoire
- Blue Monk - Thelonious Monk
- Brejeiro - Ernest Nazareth
- Carillon - H.Flowers,Ian Gomm
- Cavatina - Stanley Meyers
- Everybody Wants To Be A Cat - Rinker,Huddleston
- Fly Me To The Moon - Bart Howard
- Foggy Days - George Gershwin
- Light My Fire - Morrison,Krieger,Manzare,Densmore
- Memory - Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Moonlight Serenade - Glen Miller
- Over The Rainbow - Harold Arlen arr.Ebe
- Plink Plank Plunk - Leroy Anderson
- That's Amore
- The Entertainer - Scot Joplin
- The Girl From Ipanema - Antonio Carlos Jobin
- The Old Bazaar In Cairo - Chester,Morris,Ford
- Third Man
- Tiko Tiko - Ken-ichi Ebe
- We've Only Just Begun
- What A Wonderful World - George David
- Fisher's Hornpipe - set traditional
- Flower's of Edinburgh - set traditional
- Little Duos 1, 2 and 3 - Ferdinando Carulli
- Polonese - Mauro Giuliani
- Rondo - Ferdinando Carulli
- Rondo Minore - Ferdinando Carulli
- Waltz - Fernando Sor
- Happy Birthday
- Scarborough Fair
- A Rosa Vermelha - Brazilian Folk Song
- Bailecito - Argentinian Folk Song
- Cururu - Brazilian
- Day and Night - Russian Gypsy Song
- El Condor - Pasa Peruvian
- Jota - Spanish Folk Song
- Moscow Evenings - V.Solovyov-Sedoy
- Nesta Rua - Brazilian Folk Song
- Ojos Azules - Chillean Folk Song
- Perepelochka - White Russian Folk Song
- Sertaneja - Brazilian Folk Song
- Spanish Dance - Frances Gray
The Ayr Guitar Duo - Classical Guitar Duo Feedback
This Act's Average Star Rating
Would you like to continue browsing through our acts or get a quote?
We can supply all your entertainment needs - classical musicians, jazz bands, rock bands and world music acts