- Showing 1 to 5
Joe Farley - Classical Guitarist
Twice winner of the Brighton Competitive Music Festival on Classical Guitar, and an Associate of Trinity College of Music (Performance Certificate in Classical guitar), as well as all his grades to distinction level, he is well qualified for performance at concert level. As well as formal concerts (Brighton Chapel Royal, various local churches and music societies), he specializes in weddings and corporate and private functions. Light background music, unobtrusively and discretely amplified, provides the necessary ambience and atmosphere.
The entire wedding ceremony can be covered, from the pre-ceremony music, to specifically requested solo pieces during the signing of the register, as well as the reception and dinner music. Guests find the ice broken very easily, and particular pieces, coming from the established repertoire of artists such as John Williams and Julian Bream, are often requested from the enclosed list.
Recent functions for corporate clients have enabled presentations to be made in an atmosphere of the best classical music in the world. This enhances the profile of the company concerned.
Prior to undertaking his classical studies, he spent three years at the Leeds College of Music, studying Jazz Guitar. This enables him to add a new dimension of versatility to his performances. He has worked all over the world in this capacity, and has backed many famous faces including The Drifters, Brian Conley, and Frankie Vaughan. Since completing a recent residency at the Lakeside Country Club in Surrey he is now concentrating exclusively on his solo career. He has also worked in Cannes for a promotion for Citroen UK, and 'depped' in West End shows such as 'Cats' and 'Jolson'. Familiar with London hotels such as the Dorchester and the Savoy, he has entertained corporate clients such as the Board of BT.
Performances can be tailored specifically to the clients requirements, or as is often more usual, left to the experienced discretion of the artist. The tone is one of 'Class'....... and whilst the setting may be as relaxed and that of a lounge-bar, the effect of light, romantic classical guitar music always brings people together in an atmosphere of trust and co-operation.
Joe Farley - Classical Guitarist Repertoire
- Asturias - Albeniz
- Preludio Tristan - Pujol
- Milonga - Jose Cardoso
- Here There and Everywhere - Mcartney
- Tea For Two - Caesar/Yo
- Paper Moon - Harold Arlen
- Canarios - Gaspar Sanz
- Homage to Tarrega - Turina
- Queen Elizabeth's Galliard - Dowland
- Monsieur Almaigne - Daniel Batchelar
- Lagrima - Tarrega
- As Time Goes By - Herman Hupfeld
- Prelude in D major for Cello - J.S.Bach
- Gavotte from the 4th Lute Suite - J.S.Bach
- D minor Prelude - J.S.Bach
- Vals Venezuelo No.3 - Lauro
- Greensleeves - Cutting
- Sakura - Yocoh
- Brigg Fair - Dumigan
- 3 Irish Folk Songs - Feeley
- Capricho Arabe - Tarrega
- Julia Florida - Barrios
- El Testamen De 'Amelia - Anon
- En Noi De La Mare - Llobet
- Solidao - Jobim
- Auld Lang Syne - Arr. Martin Taylor
- The Girl next Door - Martin /Blane
- Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring - J.S.Bach
- Pavana - Gaspar Sanz
- Passacaille - Weiss
- Lachrimae Pavane - Dowland
- Dedication to my Son Eduardo - Granados Op1
- Four Dances from Terpsichore - Michael Praetorius
- Variations on a Theme of Mozart - Fernando Sors
- Recuerdos de La Alhambra - Tarrega
- Cavatina - Stanley Myers
- Scarborough Fair - Trad
Joe Farley - Classical Guitarist Feedback
This Act's Average Star Rating
Would you like to continue browsing through our acts or get a quote?
We can supply all your entertainment needs - classical musicians, jazz bands, rock bands and world music acts