- Showing 1 to 5
Jan Rattle - Classical Guitarist
Inspired by the sound of great players of the instrument in his teens, this classical and Spanish guitarist has studied and played the guitar every since.
Partly through his own learning and partly through study with several teachers, notably Segovia-prize winning guitarist Paul Gregory, he has built a repertoire of evocative music.
He plays classical, Spanish and Latin American music, but also has a repertoire of jazz arrangements, show tunes and pop songs. This music is ideal for weddings or special occasions, parties, corporate events or to add atmosphere to hotels and restaurants.
Recently, he has worked on board the world's largest cruise ship, Royal Caribbean's 'Voyager of the Seas' playing solo classical guitar. In the past, he has played in many locations and festivals including the Brighton Festival, the Chichester Festival, the Lewes festival and the Bedford River Festival as well as in hotels and restaurants and at various private and corporate functions.
As well as playing solo, he has enjoyed performing with other musicians. Available for booking are various duos including: two guitars, guitar and mandolin, guitar and flute & guitar and violin.
View similar acts:
Jan Rattle - Classical Guitarist Repertoire
- Gymnopedie No. 1 – Satie
- Cello Suite No.1 in D – Bach
- Air on the G string - Bach
- Variations on a theme of Mozart - Sor
- Romanza – trad
- Gavotte & Rondeau - Bach
- Sonata in D – Scheidler
- Cavatina – Myers
- Fantasie Hongroise - Mertz
- Prelude No.1 – Villa-Lobos
- All in Twilight – Takemitsu
- Prelude in E – Bach
- Concerto in D - Vivaldi
Jazz & Popular Classics
- Summertime – Gershwin
- Smoke gets in your eyes – Kern
- Misty – Garner
- My Funny Valentine – Rodgers
- September Song – Weill
- Aint Necessarily So – Gershwin
- Round Midnight – Monk
- I get a kick out of you – Porter
- Wonderful world – Thiele & Weiss
- La Negra – Lauro
- Sons de Carrilhoes (Sound of Bells) – Pernambuco
- Vals Venezolano No.s 2&3 – Lauro
- Milonga – Cardoso
- Herencia Latina – Paco Pena
- Verano Porteno - Piazolla
- Recuerdos de L’Alhambra – Tarrega
- El Testamen d N’Amelia – Llobet
- Mi Favorita – trad.
- Peteneras – trad flamenco
- En Las Cuevas – Paco Pena
- Asturias (Leyenda) – Albeniz
- La Romeria – Paco Pena
- Farruca – trad flamenco
- Dance of the Miller – de Falla
- Danza Espanola – Granados
- Concierto de Aranjuez (slow movement) – Rodrigo
- Dance of the Corregidor - de Falla
- El Catalan – Broca
- Capricho Arabe - Tarrega
This guitarist is happy to learn special requests with enough notice
Jan Rattle - Classical Guitarist Feedback
This Act's Average Star Rating
Would you like to continue browsing through our acts or get a quote?
We can supply all your entertainment needs - classical musicians, jazz bands, rock bands and world music acts